Project Grant was a socially engaged artist residency that was operated out of the home of artist, Tina Dillman, in Buffalo, New York, from 2014-16.
Project Grant worked collaboratively with artists from around the world to produce site-specific art projects in communities with limited resources. The residency in it’s first year summer 2015, developed 3 projects that worked with residents, mostly youth on the West Side and in the Old First Ward, and in the summer of 2016, another 3 projects were developed to revisit the West Side and the Old First Ward, and to include the East Side. All of the projects concluded with a final artwork, public event, performance, or exhibition.
Interested in reading more about Project Grant:
- Buffalo Rising, Project Grant Morphs into Experimental Outfit, May 9, 2016
- Buffalo Rising, Our Desires: A Fundraising Event for Project Grant, January 12, 2016
- Buffalo Rising, 48 Hours with Project Grant, October 24, 2015
- Buffalo Rising, West Side: Open-Source Biography, August 14, 2015
- Vantage Point, Buffalo State College Radio, July 13, 2015
- The Public, Tina Dillman’s Project Grant, June 30, 2015
- Buffalo Rising, Announcing Artists in Residence at Project Grant, April 22, 2015
- Vantage Point, Buffalo State College Radio, February 9, 2015
- Buffalo Rising, Project Grant Hits the Home Stretch, January 21, 2015
- Buffalo News, Artist Tina Dillman Bursts onto Buffalo Art Scene, January 8, 2015
- The Public, Artist Residency Looking to Hatch on the West Side, December 27, 2014
- Buffalo Rising, Project Grant, December 3, 2014